If you are an experienced software engineer, a good team player with enough knowledge and experience to lead project teams, and someone who constantly improves their ability to pursue ever more interesting and demanding projects, this may be the right opportunity for you.
This job is all about:
- creating high-quality software applications for outstanding local and global brands,
- developing and optimizing server layer software — REST API, microservices, queues, and integrations with external services,
- assuming responsibility for the delivery of clean code according to good programming practices within a well structured process,
- working with project teams including analysts, project managers, front-end, mobile software engineers, and test engineers to deliver outstanding software,
- testing and improving the performance of the systems which we create,
- taking part in drawing up relevant project documentation.
Here's some of the tech you can come across on our projects:
Node.js, TypeScript, Nest.js, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, TypeORM, Sequelize, RabbitMQ/SQS, Docker, docker-compose, JWT, Websockets, Jest, AWS, Azure, GCP, Firebase, OpenAPI, Swagger, API Blueprint,
You don't have to know it all, but you can expect to learn it with the help of your experienced Future Mind colleagues. We create every project from scratch, and we get to use the newest, most reliable tech available every time, and what we actually use depends on the project. It is usually the team that decides.
What we're looking for:
- experience in working with frameworks such as Hapi, Express, Nest.js or similar,
- experience in Unit and E2E testing (eg. Jest),
- experience with SQL databases and ORM-s like Sequelize or TypeORM,
- knowledge of cloud solutions like AWS, Azure, GCP, Firebase etc.,
- good communication skills — we want you to interact with the people you work with, help them do a better job,
- great attention to detail, consistency and accuracy,
- a healthy level of creativity — good ideas and constructive remarks are always welcome!
We also appreciate:
- knowledge of noSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis,
- knowledge of OpenAPI / Swagger or API Blueprint,
- experience with Docker and CI/CD,
- knowledge of WebSockets,
- knowledge of queues and pub/sub pattern (eg. SQS, RabbitMQ)
- knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools supporting project work e.g. Basecamp, Jira, Trello, etc.
- ability to comunicate, read and write project documentation in English,
- experience gained while working on your own ideas or from involvement in open source projects,
- experience in organizing and taking part in conferences, meetups, and sharing knowledge.
What we offer:
- non-corporate, transparent work environment, where everyone has their say,
- frequently reviewed salary relevant to market rates, your skills, engagement, and the results you achieve,
- possibility to significantly impact your projects — your input has real value,
- continuous professional development and application of new technologies — we all keep learning,
- financial support for professional development, when you want to learn, take part in a conference, or go to a meetup,
- work-life integration, flexible working hours (yes, really, not just between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., but no more than 8 hours per day),
- the ability to work fully or partially remotely, or check-in to one of our offices whenever you like,
- fully paid private health insurance, subsidised sports membership, language courses, training and conferences,
- free breakfast, snacks, and drinks at the office, along with a chill-out space, a foosball table, and some gaming gear for when you need to relax and charge your batteries,
- great company retreats so that we can get to know each other better once in a while.