Mid/Senior QA Engineer in Warsaw, Tychy, or fully remotely for future projects*
*This job posting is regarding future projects. We are not currently recruiting for this position with a high priority. Send us your application if you would like us to get in touch with you when we open vacancies matching your experience in the future.
Briefly about the company:
Future Mind is a brilliant, inspiring team, one of the most awarded tech consulting companies in the region. We value proactive professionals who enjoy solving problems, sharing knowledge, and teamwork. Together we create high-quality solutions that fulfill the business needs of our clients and impact the lives of their customers every day.
We all strive for continuous professional development with the active support of experienced mentors and team leaders along a well-structured professional development path – we all keep learning. In our frequent internal tech meetups we share knowledge, discuss technical and business issues, and find solutions, and when you want to take an external course, participate in a conference, or go to a meetup, we provide relevant funding.
As a team, we have received several industry awards for delivering some of the best eCommerce applications in Poland, listed among the most popular applications in app stores. Our expert engineers, designers, project managers, and analysts work on projects ranging from top mobile commerce apps used daily by millions of customers to IoT experiments.
If you are an experienced, reliable QA Engineer, ready to join a team of more than 40 mobile application developers, work in or lead autonomous project teams, and develop great software products for clients such as Żabka, HEBE, Superpharm, LPP (Sinsay, Reserved), eobuwie.pl, Dior, and many others, take part in our quick and remote hiring process. Let's talk!
This job is all about:
- reviewing project requirements, technical specifications, and design documentation, and providing timely and meaningful feedback through a well-organized Software Quality Assurance process,
- creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test scenarios to validate desired use cases.
- estimating, prioritizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating software testing activities,
- testing the heck out of our software using such tools as CharlesProxy, Postman, Newman, or any of the available alternatives;
- identifying, tracking, recording, and thoroughly documenting bugs;
- developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products to meet the requirements of our clients,
- cooperating with development teams, analysts, and product managers,
- monitoring the results of the debugging process, and once bugs are fixed, more testing;
- learning about and implementing new QA tools and test strategies.
Here's what we're looking for:
- work experience in web and mobile software quality assurance,
- strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes,
- experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test scenarios and use cases,
- hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing,
- experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process,
- good command of written and spoken English, and Polish is a must.
We also appreciate (although it's not absolutely required):
- hands-on experience and interest in test automation and professional development in that area,
- knowledge of Python programming for QA,
- experience in working with Appium and/or Selenium,
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject will be treated as an advantage.
...and here's what we offer:
- a non-corporate, transparent work environment where everyone has their say,
- frequently reviewed salary, relevant to market rates, your developing skills, and the results you achieve,
- possibility to significantly impact your projects – your input has real value,
- continuous professional development and application of new technologies, with the active support of experienced mentors and team leaders along a well-structured professional development path – we all keep learning,
- frequent internal tech meetups where we share knowledge, discuss issues, and find solutions together,
- financial support for further professional development, when you want to take an external course, take part in a conference, or go to a meetup,
- work-life balance and integration, with truly flexible working hours,
- the ability to work fully or partially remotely or check into one of our offices whenever you like,
- fully paid private health insurance, subsidized sports membership, mental health support, and language courses,
- free breakfast, snacks, and drinks at the office, along with a chill-out space, a foosball table, and some gaming gear at our Warsaw office for when you need to relax and charge your batteries,
- a laptop with the operating system of your choice (Mac/PC/Linux) and an additional, good-quality monitor,
- frequent team and company retreats, RPG sessions, chess tournaments, annual sailing trips to Masurian Lakes, holiday events, and more.