The Future Mind team is looking for a skillful and experienced Python Developer to join us in Warsaw, Tychy, or fully remotely.
If you are an independent, reliable software engineer, ready to lead project teams, meet business requirements, and take responsibility for the finished product, keep reading, and take part in our quick and remote hiring process.
We have received several Mobile Trends Awards for delivering some of the best mCommerce applications in Poland. Our Hebe app is the highest-rated retail mobile app on Google Play more than a year after launch (as of November 2021). Future Mind software engineers work on projects ranging from IoT experiments with large retail corporations to promising VR startups. Our tech stack includes mostly native mobile technologies, Python, Node.js, React, and Angular. We work for companies such as Virgin, EY, Żabka, Hebe, LPP (Sinsay, Reserved), Morizon, EcoCar, Livespace, Empik, Packhelp, and others.
We value proactive professionals who enjoy solving problems, sharing knowledge, and being a part of the team. Are you ready to join the only company you'll never want to leave? Take a look at the list of requirements and if you think you have what it takes, let's talk!
This job is all about:
- working in autonomous, agile teams on ambitious, end-to-end projects,
- taking initiative and responsibility for the technical side of your projects,
- developing back-end systems, implementing logical layers, and creating sources of data communication, using REST API, microservices, queues etc.,
- modifying and developing existing systems (less frequently),
- testing and improving our products to achieve better performance,
- preparing project documentation.
What we're looking for:
- knowledge of Python, Django, Git, SVN, Linux/Unix systems and relational databases, like SQL, SQLite,
- creativity — we do not want you to do your job uncritically — you can always have a better idea,
- attention to details, consistency, determination, and accuracy — it's ok to make mistakes, but make sure you learn from them,
- good communication skills — we want you to interact with the people we work with.
Here is some of the tech you can come across when working on our projects, you don't have to know it all:
- Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Docker, docker-compose JWT, Flask/FastAPI, REST, unittest / Pytest FactoryBoy, AWS, Azure, and other clouds.
We also appreciate:
- good command of English — you may be asked to participate in meetings with our clients,
- knowledge of other frameworks (e.g. Flask) could be an advantage, but Django is our choice most of the time,
- experience gained while working on your own ideas or from involvement in open source projects,
- taking part in conferences, meetups and sharing knowledge,
- knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools supporting project work e.g. Basecamp, Jira.
...and here's what we have to offer:
- non-corporate, transparent work environment, where everyone has their say,
- frequently reviewed salary relevant to market rates, your skills, and the results you achieve,
- possibility to significantly impact your projects — you are the team leader and your input has real value,
- continuous professional development and application of new technologies — we all keep learning,
- financial support for professional development, when you want to learn, take part in a conference, or go to a meetup,
- work-life balance, flexible working hours,
- the ability to work fully or partially remotely, or check in to one of our offices whenever you like,
- fully paid private health insurance, subsidized sports membership, and language courses,
- free breakfast, snacks, and drinks at the office, along with a chill-out space, a foosball table, and some gaming gear for when you need to relax and charge your batteries.