Mid/Senior Python (Django) Developer in Warsaw, Tychy, or fully remotely
Briefly about the company:
Future Mind is a brilliant, inspiring team, one of the most awarded tech consulting companies in the region. We value proactive professionals who enjoy solving problems, sharing knowledge, and teamwork. Together we create high-quality solutions that fulfill the business needs of our clients and impact the lives of their customers every day.
We all strive for continuous professional development with the active support of experienced mentors and team leaders along a well-structured professional development path – we all keep learning. In our frequent internal tech meetups, we share knowledge, discuss technical and business issues, and find solutions, and when you want to take an external course, participate in a conference, or go to a meetup, we provide relevant funding.
As a team, we have received several industry awards for delivering some of the best eCommerce applications in Poland, listed among the most popular applications in app stores. Our expert engineers, designers, project managers, and analysts work on projects ranging from top mobile commerce apps used daily by millions of customers to IoT experiments.
If you are an experienced, reliable software engineer, ready to join a team of more than 70 developers, work in or lead autonomous project teams, and develop great software products for clients such as Żabka, HEBE, Superpharm, LPP (Sinsay, Reserved), eobuwie.pl, Dior, and many others, take part in our quick and remote hiring process. Let's talk!
This job is all about:
- working in or leading autonomous, agile teams on ambitious, end-to-end projects,
- taking initiative and responsibility for the technical side of your projects,
- developing back-end systems, implementing logical layers, and creating sources of data communication, using REST API, microservices, queues etc.,
- modifying and developing existing systems (less frequently),
- testing and improving our products to achieve better performance,
- preparing project documentation.
Here is some of the tech you can come across when working on our projects:
- Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Docker, docker-compose JWT, Flask/FastAPI, REST, unittest / Pytest FactoryBoy, AWS, Azure, and other clouds.
You don’t have to know it all, but you can expect to learn it with the help of your experienced Future Mind colleagues. We create every project from scratch, and we get to use the newest, most reliable tech available every time, as we see fit. What we actually use depends on the project, and it is the team that decides, you included.
Here's what we're looking for:
- knowledge of Python, Django, Git, SVN, Linux/Unix systems, and relational databases, like SQL, SQLite,
- creativity — we do not want you to do your job uncritically — you can always have a better idea,
- attention to detail, consistency, determination, and accuracy — it's ok to make mistakes, but make sure you learn from them,
- good communication skills — we want you to interact with the people we work with.
We also appreciate:
- good command of both English and Polish — you may be asked to participate in meetings with our clients,
- knowledge of other frameworks (e.g., Flask) could be an advantage, but Django is our choice most of the time,
- experience gained while working on your own ideas or from involvement in open-source projects,
- taking part in conferences, meetups, and sharing knowledge,
- knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools supporting project work, e.g., Basecamp and Jira.
...and here's what we have to offer:
- a non-corporate, transparent work environment where everyone has their say,
- frequently reviewed salary, relevant to market rates, your developing skills, and the results you achieve,
- possibility to significantly impact your projects – your input has real value,
- continuous professional development and application of new technologies, with the active support of experienced mentors and team leaders along a well-structured professional development path – we all keep learning,
- frequent internal tech meetups where we learn, share knowledge, discuss issues and find solutions together,
- financial support for professional development, when you want to take an external course, take part in a conference, or go to a meetup,
- work-life integration and balance, with truly flexible working hours,
- the ability to work fully or partially remotely or check into one of our offices whenever you like,
- fully paid private health insurance, subsidized sports membership, mental health support, and language courses,
- free breakfast, snacks, and drinks at the office, along with a chill-out space, a foosball table, and some gaming gear at our Warsaw office for when you need to relax and charge your batteries,
- a laptop with the operating system of your choice (Mac/PC/Linux) and an additional, good-quality monitor,
- frequent team and company retreats, RPG sessions, chess tournaments, annual sailing trips to Masurian Lakes, holiday events, and more.